Attorney General





La. Laws Search

Active Member Information
Clerks' Only Login
Webster Parish Clerk of Court

Hon Holli Vining

Clerks' Association


Board of Trustees Membership Information Active Members Information Regular/DROP Benefits Retirement Manual Retirement Forms

"Employee" means any deputy clerk, minute clerk, or other regular employee of a clerk or any employee of the Louisiana Clerks of Court Association, the Louisiana Clerks' Retirement and Relief Fund, and the Louisiana Clerks of Court Insurance Fund, who works more than an average of twenty hours (20) per week.

A member shall receive credit for all service rendered as a member of the system for which the required contributions have been paid and not withdrawn.

If a member who is not eligible to retire is terminated, the former member may apply for and obtain a refund of their accumulated employee contributions. However, no refund shall be paid until the information on the
Request for Refund application has been verified and certified by the clerk for whom the former member was employed and the former member remains out of service for sixty days and until all contributions for said member have been paid into the fund. Payment of such a refund to the former member cancels all rights in the fund.

If a former member who had withdrawn their accumulated employee contributions again becomes a member of the fund, they may repay to the fund in a lump sum the amount they withdrew plus compounded interest at the rate of eight percent (8%) per year computed from the date of withdrawal. Upon such repayment, the member shall be credited for all service which was cancelled and forfeited at the time of the prior refund and all rights shall be restored. Further information on non-credited prior service and military service is contained in the Retirement Booklet or in

La. R.S. 11:1517 , and 11:152, 11:153.

Click here to contact us.

Louisiana Clerks of Court Association

10202 Jefferson Highway, Building A

Baton Rouge, LA 70809

(800) 256-6660 or (225) 293-1162